Brandon and I enjoyed our honeymoon in the Mexican Riviera Maya earlier this summer. It was absolutely fantastic and the beaches were more beautiful that we could have imagined! When we travel, we try to integrate into the culture and place we’re in as much as possible, so we opted to not do the all-inclusive resort experience, but get a condo and enjoy authentic local cuisine.
Well, the condo didn’t work out all that well because it didn’t have AC, so we changed mid-way to little boutique hotel, La Tortuga. It ended up being so perfect – the room and staff were great and recommended amzaing local places to eat and helped us plan excursions. It was such an amazing honeymoon!
Highlights of the trip:
- Akumal Beach where you can swim with the sea turtles
- Swimming at Cenote Azul, early early in the morning before anyone else was there!
- Day trip to Cozumel and swimming with dolphins and manatees.
- Xpu Ha beach
- Massages at La Tortuga
- Currently Watching: Chef’s Table & The Night Of. I desperately needed a new Sunday night series not that GOT is over and the first episode of The Night Of has me hooked.
- Currently Craving: Another weekend brunch at Josephine House. Great food and a dreamy little bungalow located in the Clarksville neighborhood of Austin. (Image above.)
- Currently Eyeing: Some Aesop hand soap and lotion. All the cool kids are using it, and it just smells and looks so good. Hard to swallow that price tag though.
- Currently Loving: Our new dining table and chairs from West Elm. eeeep!
- Currently Waiting For: My first Stitch Fix delivery! I desperately need a wardrobe update but shopping for clothes stresses me out. I’m really looking forward to new outfit options and something to push me out of my comfort zone when it comes to new clothes.
Alas! The weekend is upon us and I leave you with this yummy avocado jalapeno margarita garnished with sal de gusano. Cheers!
Sundays at the Silver house are the BEST. Probably because that is typically the only day over the weekend that husband and I get to spend together, so we try to take full advantage of it by sleeping in and slowly starting the morning with coffee and a big breakfast. This past weekend we tried out a new recipe for a BLT Frittata. It. Was. Delicious.
I’m so excited about attending this upcoming workshop in September with Chalk Full of Love to learn more about calligraphy and hand lettering! Here are some photos of work I’ve done recently for a few different weddings and events. Can you tell I’ve got a thing for pink flowers? Signing up for a watercolor or painting class is next on my list!
Wow, these past past 6 months have flown by! We have big news – Brandon and I are married! We got engaged over Christmas and happily tied the knot 5 months later. Our short engagement was a wonderful and exciting whirlwind, and surrounded by our closest friends and family we had the most perfect, dreamy wedding in in the Texas Hill Country on May 20, 2016.
Puppy cuddles are the best.
I am almost finished reupholstering my chair!
Personalized bridesmaid dress hangers I made recently.
A night to remember: epic fireside & candle light dinner in the woods.
Halloween is only two weeks away and I finally feel like the weather is starting to feel like fall! (Maybe slightly, really early in the morning….) Nevertheless, I’m feeling festive and it’s time to get started decorating! I picked up some mini pumpkins at the grocery store last night and I’m planning on decorating them this weekend. Here’s some images I’ve found inspiring for this year’s decorations: I’m loving everything minimal, organic, white, and gold.
Cheers to sweater weather and pumpkin spice lattes.